智游教育

finish和finishes怎么用,英语学习者必看

本文目录一览

As an English learner, it can be confusing to know when to use "finish" and "finishes" in a sentence. These two words are often used interchangeably, but they have different meanings and uses. In this article, we will explore the differences between "finish" and "finishes" and provide examples of how to use them correctly.

What is the difference between "finish" and "finishes"?

"Finish" is a verb that means to complete or bring to an end. It can also mean to give a final coat or touch to something. "Finishes" is the third person singular form of the verb "finish." It is used when referring to a single person, thing, or action that is completing or bringing to an end.

Examples of "finish"

1. I need to finish my homework before I can go out with my friends.

2. She finished the race in first place.

3. He is going to finish the project by the end of the week.

finish和finishes怎么用,英语学习者必看-图1

4. The carpenter will finish the table with a coat of varnish.

Examples of "finishes"

1. He always finishes his work on time.

2. The team finishes their practice at 6 pm.

3. She finishes her breakfast before leaving for work.

4. The artist finishes her painting with a signature.

Using "finish" and "finishes" in different tenses

When using "finish" and "finishes" in different tenses, it is important to remember that "finishes" is only used in the third person singular form. Here are some examples:

1. Present tense: I finish my work at 5 pm. / He finishes his work at 5 pm.

2. Past tense: I finished my homework last night. / She finished her race in record time.

3. Future tense: I will finish my project by the end of the month. / He will finish his book by next year.

Common mistakes to avoid

1. Using "finishes" in the wrong form: Remember that "finishes" is only used in the third person singular form. Don't use it with "I," "you," "we," or "they."

2. Confusing "finish" with "finished": "Finish" is a verb, while "finished" is the past participle of "finish." Make sure you use the correct form of the verb in your sentence.

3. Using "finish" as a noun: "Finish" can also be a noun that refers to the surface quality of something. However, it is often misused as a verb. For example, "I need to finish the finish on this table" should be "I need to apply a finish to this table."

Conclusion

In conclusion, "finish" and "finishes" are two words that are often used interchangeably but have different meanings and uses. "Finish" is a verb that means to complete or bring to an end, while "finishes" is the third person singular form of the verb "finish." When using these words, it is important to remember their correct forms and tenses to avoid common mistakes. By following these guidelines, you can use "finish" and "finishes" correctly in your writing and speaking.

文章中所含的所有内容,均由互联网用户自发贡献,该文观点仅代表作者本人。本站仅提供信息存储空间服务,不拥有所有权,不承担相关法律责任。如发现本站有涉嫌抄袭侵权与违法违规的内容,请发送邮件举报,一经查实,本站将第一时间删除内容。 转载请注明出处:https://ww.zhiyou888.com/forum/164.html

分享:
扫描分享到社交APP
上一篇
下一篇
发表列表
请登录后评论...
游客 游客
此处应有掌声~
评论列表

还没有评论,快来说点什么吧~